Cerec is a dental restoration product that allows a dental practitioner to produce an indirect ceramic dental restoration using a variety of computer-assisted technologies, including 3D photography and CAD/CAM. With Cerec, teeth can be restored in a single sitting with the patient, rather than the multiple sittings required with earlier techniques. Additionally, using Cerec with the latest software and hardware updates, crowns, veneers, onlays and inlays can be prepared, using different types of ceramic material.
Bel Air Dental Care was one of the first practices in the country to offer in office CAD/CAM crowns and restorations. Our team of doctors has been using this technology for close to a decade and has performed thousands of same day crown procedures. We use only the latest and superior ceramic materials to ensure you receive a durable, perfect fitting, and cosmetic crown.
- The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera, placed directly in your mouth
- The restoration is created on the screen using the image data
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic block to reproduce the design
- This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM)
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely
- A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth
- Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel