The pediatric dentists at Bel Air Dental Care are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years and into adulthood.
We provide a warm, enjoyable, fun-filled experience for your child. Our friendly, welcoming dental team helps your child feel reassured and relaxed, and we have the qualifications to properly care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood. All of our doctors have extensive experience and training in dentistry for infants, children, teens, and children with special needs.
Great Dental Care From The Start
Children begin to get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life. By 7 years of age, they start to lose their first set of teeth, which eventually are replaced by permanent teeth. Without proper dental care and good oral hygiene habits, children face possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications.
Our office provides comprehensive pediatric oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries (tooth decay) in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases
- Management of gum diseases
- 24 hour emergency dental care for injuries (fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
- Extraction of teeth
- Restorative dentistry used to correct congenital anomalies (peg lateral incisor, missing teeth)
- Nitrous oxide sedation
Pediatric Dental Care Specialists
Children are not just small adults. They may be excited or feel anxious, are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. Our team knows how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. Our facility has an iPad gaming station and a wide selection of stickers and toys to keep your child relaxed and entertained.